Commuting is not fun especially if you are standing up. Being 5 feet and 1 Inch, I normally end up with my head below an arm pit or two – not nice!
Today, being determined to grab a seat, I noticed there are 7 steps to commuting bliss:
1) Ensure you work out where the train doors will open. Tip: Choose a spot where a crowd has gathered.
2) Stand at the side of this crowd and spend a moment examining your competitors. Tip: Look out for those in trainers as they will move faster!
3) Wait for the train door to open. Tip: Always patiently let the passengers exit.
4) Game on – seek your target seat and keep your eyes on it. Tip: Visualise your bum on that seat.
5) Quickly shuffle and manoeuvre towards it. Tip: Keep calm and do not push!
6) Sit down faster than a cheetah sprinting for his prey. Tip: Think about the speed of lightning.
7) Did you get the seat? Sit back, relax and enjoy your journey – #blinksofbliss.
What are your commuting bliss?